Hi, you've reached the website of Nicki Vance.
I'm a user experience and product designer currently visiting Edinburgh, UK.
You'll usually find me traveling and working on various side projects in games, animation, and web development.
I consult with companies to plan and design awesome, usable apps and web tools. Clients include the United Nations, Adidas, Spotify, Comcast, Cigna, and AT&T, to name a few. (Portfolio on request.)
- Plant Boss is a game about collecting plants and seeing cool critters.
- Smash Banana is a driving game where you drive a boxy Volvo (modeled on my own) into bananas.
- Dogtron is about a herding dog. (Read about it.)
- Flipside is a prototype game mechanic for revealing the path ahead of your character/banana.
- My most difficult UX project: being a UX manager (Ladies That UX Melbourne, March 2018)
- Why writing about concepts before you start sketching will win you money, respect, or well, at least warm fuzzy feelings (article, video) (The Web Meetup, Melbourne, December 2017)
- The Future of Connected Thinking (PDX Digital Marketing Conference, June 2013)
- The History of Written Word Technology (Citizen, Summer 2013)
- My Dear Watson: Personality for Smart Applications (video) (IXDA Interaction Conference 2013)
- Data Visualization (InfoCamp PDX, June 2012)