I'm a full-stack software engineer with a UX design background.
Outside of work, you'll find me reading sci-fi, sailing, and birdwatching.
- Sketch.systems is a text-based tool for diagramming state machines. I helped Ryan and Kevin out with product development, testing, and demos.
- Moneyhawk's front end design, website, and blog are my creations.
- Stop Slacking is a retired application that brought Slack back into the inbox with email replies to notifications. (Read the project overview post.)
- Plant Boss is about collecting plants and seeing cool critters.
- Smash Banana is a driving game where you drive a boxy Volvo (modeled on my own) into bananas.
- My most difficult UX project: being a UX manager (Ladies That UX Melbourne, March 2018)
- Why writing about concepts before you start sketching will win you money, respect, or well, at least warm fuzzy feelings (article, video) (The Web Meetup, Melbourne, December 2017)
- The Future of Connected Thinking (PDX Digital Marketing Conference, June 2013)
- The History of Written Word Technology (Citizen, Summer 2013)
- My Dear Watson: Personality for Smart Applications (video) (IXDA Interaction Conference 2013)
- Data Visualization (InfoCamp PDX, June 2012)
I used to consult with companies to plan and design awesome, usable apps and web tools. Clients include the United Nations, Adidas, Spotify, Comcast, Cigna, and AT&T, to name a few.
Things I get excited about